Service Lot Attendant
The Lot Attendant ensures that all vehicles in for service are properly washed, cleaned and parked appropriately for customer pick up after service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep all vehicles on service lot clean at all times.
- Check in service loaner cars; write down damage, km, and fuel level on loaner check in sheet. Wash and vacuum loaner car for next customer
- Park vehicles in assigned areas.
- Following service, repark the vehicle to maximize use of space, and keep the lot in order.
- Drive customers using shuttle vehicle in Richmond area.
- Inspect vehicles to detect damage and to verify the presence of accessories, such as spare tires and radio and stereo equipment.
- Keep lot clean and tidy and in order at all times.
- Checks customer washrooms on regular basis to ensure cleanliness.
- Keep shop clean.
- Empty used oil containers, oil filter containers, anti-freeze and plastic containers in the properly designated areas.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Valid driver's license and a good driving record. Good judgment. Must have approved safety foot wear and complete WHMIS training prior to starting date. Pre-apprenticeship training an asset.
For over fifty years, we have provided the best experiences possible to our customers and our employees. This year, We have been named one of “Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2018” announced by the Globe & Mail. Our customer-centric core values help our employees understand and embrace our “WOW Promise” to the customers: to deliver excellent products and experiences.
If you are interested in growing with a dynamic, customer-focused organization, we invite you to send your resume in!